What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is synthetic chemical material based on quartz-silica or silica. It is also referred to as quartz coating, nano-coating, or glass coating. When cured, all essentially produce a SiO2 (silicon dioxide) covering on the surface, despite having various characteristics or distinct formulations.
A ceramic coating forms a permanent or semi-permanent contact with a vehicle’s paint, which prevents it from washing away or deteriorating and eliminates the need for reapplication every few months. They are considered permanent coatings because you can only get rid of them by polishing or compounding. True ceramic coatings are long-lasting exterior paint protection for automobiles that are applied in liquid form and cured to create a hard, glass-like layer on top of the paint. Once cured, they produce a strong, transparent, slippery, and remarkably self-cleaning protective covering.
How long does Ceramic Coating last?
Ceramic coatings have a long lifespan, ranging from a few months to many years, depending on the external conditions and usage. Professional-grade ceramic coatings promise a five-year lifespan.
How much does Ceramic Coating cost?
Many factors affect the pricing of a ceramic coating, including the state of the paintwork, the size of your product, and the kind of ceramic coating. Only a minor portion of the overall cost is attributable to the ceramic coating’s raw material. Due to the lengthy nature of applying a ceramic coating, labor costs represent the largest expense.
Numerous elements affect pricing; first and foremost, polishing your paint to remove flaws before applying a coating is crucial. It is a skill that can be performed properly, poorly, or worse, causing more harm than good. You can now apply a coating on unpolished paint, but remember that this is different from wax or sealant, which almost disappears after a few months. Because coatings are thicker, more durable, and have lifespans measured in years, when they are applied to paint, whatever is underneath is effectively held in place until the coating is removed.
Is Ceramic Coating worth it?
When it comes to value for money, having ceramic coating sprayed on the exterior of your automobile or motorcycle is worthwhile. Ceramic coating will not only offer your car’s paint a higher level of protection but also save you money over time by eliminating the need for frequent waxing.
Benefits of Ceramic Coating
- Incredibly Resistant
- Protection Against Pollutants
- It helps in maintaining the coat’s cleanliness for a longer period
- Protects from UV rays
- It can be applied to most surfaces
- Hydrophobic surface
Disadvantages of Ceramic Coating
- Long labor hours
- It needs utmost attention while applying as it can’t be removed easily once applied
Тhе Glоbаl Ceramic Coatings Mаrkеt is estimated to be UЅD 9.95 Bn іn 2022 and is projected tо rеасh UЅD 18.43 Bn bу 2030 аt а САGR оf 7.2%.
Key Market Insights of Ceramic Coatings:
- Based on Type: The market is segmented into thermal spray, chemical vapor deposition, and physical vapor deposition, based on vehicle type. The thermal spray segment is estimated to dominate the market. This growth can be attributed due to the characteristic of improved surface properties.
- Based on Application: The automotive segment is anticipated to witness significant increase in the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to expanding automobile industry and the need to protect vehicle surfaces.
- Based on Region: Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest revenue owing to the growing automotive sector in the region. India and China are most likely to propel the growth of the Ceramic coatings market.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Expanding automotive, healthcare, and aerospace industries
- Increasing demand for advanced coating solutions
- Rising demand for antiviral coatings