Real-time payments refer to transferring money quickly and instantly confirming between individuals, businesses, and governments. RTPs are faster and more consistent than conventional methods, taking days to reach a recipient. RTP systems can achieve better speed, rich context, connectivity, and security with the arrival of new-age technologies like 5G, blockchain, and IoT.
By enhancing liquidity, RTPs can improve cash management and help businesses navigate day-to-day operations more efficiently. This improved liquidity can positively impact cash flow, especially for smaller businesses used to waiting days for payment.
Market share of Real-Time Payments:
The global real-time payments market is estimated to be US$ 10.8 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 119.0 billion by 2031 at a CAGR of 30.5%
Key Market Insights:
- Based on Component: The solutions segment is expected to dominate the market, contributing a revenue share of 85.2% by 2031.
- Based on End-Use Industry: The retail & e-commerce segment is projected to reach US$ 59.7 Mn by 2031 at a CAGR of 35.8%.
- Based on Region: Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market, contributing a revenue share of 66.0% by 2031.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Technology innovation:
- The rapid adoption of smartphones and cloud-based technologies for quicker payments.
- The use of cutting-edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) in digital payment systems is projected to boost demand for real-time payment solutions.
- Customer Expectations: Customers’ increased demand for quicker settlements and increasing investments from financial institutions and governments to promote the adoption of real-time payment systems are likely to boost the market forward.
- Globalization: As more nations adopt real-time payments, the pressure on other countries to build infrastructure and facilitate real-time payments is expected to grow.
Get faster, higher-quality market research with a single platform for all your organization’s research needs.
Sign up for Data Feature now!