What is a Massage Gun?
A massage gun, also known as percussion massager, is a small, handheld device that, when activated and placed on your muscles, vibrates or “percuss” at a high frequency and low amplitude of movement, according to their proponents, helping you recover from workouts and perform better overall while reducing pain. It usually has interchangeable attachments and is wireless with rechargeable batteries most often. The equipment features nozzles that pulsate to enhance blood flow to your muscles, releasing stress and waste products like lactic acid. It speeds up your recovery. Massage gun vs stretching is a common question among fitness enthusiasts, but can massage guns replace stretching?
Massage Guns vs Stretching
Stretching cannot be replaced with a massage gun. When providing deep tissue massages, it works incredibly well. However, it cannot realign the skeletal muscles, unlike stretching. So stretching is still preferable to using a massage gun. It needs to be used as an additional resource for exercising recuperation and avoiding injuries.
A massage gun efficiently provides deep tissue massage and aids in muscle relaxation. To maintain the alignment of your muscles and joints, you will still need to stretch a little.
When to use a Massage Gun?
Massage guns are the greatest way to relieve the tightness and annoying knots that might occasionally build in your muscles after exercise, especially if you work out frequently or vigorously. Massage guns appear to lessen delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS), a form of soreness that appears one to two days after exercise when used immediately after a workout.
Advantages of Massage Gun vs Stretching
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Encourages the elimination of scar tissues
- Improves sleep quality and relaxation
- Highly portable
- Make your muscles as efficient as possible
- Enhances range of motion while reducing muscular stiffness
- Reduces the possibility of injury
- Better flexibility
Тhе glоbаl massage gun mаrkеt was valued at UЅ$ 430.8 Мn іn 2022 and is expected tо rеасh UЅ$ 892.9 Мn bу 2032 аt а САGR оf 7.6%.
Key Market Insights of Massage Guns:
- Market Share by Size: The handheld/Mid-size massage guns segment is estimated to be the most lucrative segment.
- Market Share by End-User: Thе athlete ѕеgmеnt іѕ the most lucrative segment and is ехресtеd tо register a САGR of 8.2% during thе forecast period.
- Market Share by Battery type: The rechargeable massage guns segment is the most dominant and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period.
- Market Share by Region: North America is estimated to dominate the market at a CAGR of 3.1%.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Increasing demand from professional athletes, gym goers, and those with chronic muscular pain.
- Increasing adoption of portable wellness devices among consumers.
Go beyond traditional market research. Get access to our platform and gain actionable insights into the market.
Sign up for Data Feature now!