What is Raw Dog Food?
Raw dog food usually consists of organ and muscle meat, whole or ground bone, raw eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables that are healthy for dogs, and dairy items like yogurt. It’s a widespread assumption that all raw food is meat. That makes up a sizable portion of it. Still, to ensure that dogs get all the nutrients they need to flourish, the finest raw food for dogs must include muscle meat, organs, bones, and occasionally even some vegetables.
A diet of natural, real foods like beef, chicken, lamb, peas, spinach, carrots, and blueberries can greatly improve dogs’ overall health. These foods also make coats shine and breath smell better and can help dogs see better.
BARF diet for dogs
The acronym B.A.R.F. stands for “Biologically Appropriate Raw Food” and “Bones and Raw Food,” respectively. The BARF diet is broken down in the following manner:
- 70% muscle meat
- 10% edible bone
- 8% vegetables
- 5% liver
- 5% other secreting organs
- 2% fruit
What makes Raw Dog Food Safe?
- Rigorous safety inspections
- Safe sourcing and storage
- Effective food safety procedures
- Dog’s supportive immune system to the raw diet
- A better alternative than other food
The Health Benefits of Feeding Raw Dog Food
- Less smelly dog stool
- Healthier skin and improved natural luster
- Balanced weight and muscle mass
- Bioavailability of raw ingredients
- Hydrated food assists in renal function
- Cleaner dog’s teeth
Potential Risks of Raw Dog Food
- Bacterial Infection: Bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli, which can make dogs extremely ill, are more likely to be present in raw meals. Elderly persons and young children who live with dog and have impaired immune systems are particularly at risk from these pathogenic pathogens.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Many raw diets lack adequate and balanced nutrients. These meals can cause malnutrition and health issues unless a veterinary nutritionist creates them.
- Injury from Bones: Raw bones can cause choking or can break a dog’s teeth while chewing it.
Safety tips for feeding dogs raw diets
Safe food handling procedures are essential. The same caution we take when preparing our raw meat should be used while handling raw meat for dogs.
- Keep the raw food frozen until ready to use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw food.
- Disinfect surfaces, food bowls or containers after every use.
- Once raw food is used, seal and store the unused portion safely.
- Avoid plastic bowls as some scratches will be prone to more bacteria.
Best Raw Dog Food Companies
- Wild Coast Raw
- Darwin’s Natural Pet Products
- Raw Paws Pet Food
- Columbia River Pets
Тhе Raw Dog Food Mаrkеt is estimated to be UЅD 46.4 Bn іn 2022 and is projected tо rеасh UЅD 83.2 Bn bу 2032 аt а САGR оf 6.5%.
Key Market Insights of Raw Dog Diet:
- Based on Type: The meat segment is estimated to be lucrative due to the highest use percentage according to the BARF diet.
- Based on Distribution Channel: The online shopping segment is anticipated to witness a significant increase in the forecast period. With various e-commerce stores’ presence, raw dog food has become feasible and affordable.
- Based on Region: Regarding revenue, North America is expected to dominate the raw dog food market. The regional demand for raw dog food is being driven by rising consumer knowledge of the benefits to pet health and the expanding trend of humanizing dogs.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Rising trend of dog adoption as a family companion
- Increased consumer knowledge of pet health