Glass containers used in pharmaceutical preparations are designed to come into direct touch with the drugs. Thus the pharmaceutical glass packaging is built so that removing the contents is simple and appropriate for the preparation’s intended purpose.
Glass containers provide varying degrees of protection depending on the nature of the product and environmental risks while also minimizing constituent loss. These containers used in pharmaceutical packaging must not interact physically or chemically with the contents in a way that compromises drug product quality.
Why is glass preferable in pharmaceutical packaging?
Pharmaceutical glass products are strictly controlled to ensure that medicines are protected from physical damage, biological contamination, and external influences that could cause contamination.
- Glass packaging is 100% recyclable, making it an environmentally friendly packaging alternative.
- Glass containers are ideal for pharmaceutical packaging since they can readily be sterilized using heat.
- Glass packaging limits the alkalinity and hydrolytic resistance of the glass container.
- The glass prevents air gases like carbon dioxide and oxygen from entering the primary container, which reduces the chance of drug contamination.
- Glass packaging helps to prevent volatile components from escaping, increasing drug stability.
Market share of Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging:
The global pharmaceutical glass packaging market is estimated to be US$ 5,654.8 Mn in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 10,728.3 Mn by 2031 at a CAGR of 7.4%.
Key Market Insights:
- Market share by Product Type : The vials segment is estimated to be the most lucrative segment. It is projected to account for a revenue share of 34.5% by 2031 at a CAGR of 8.5%.
- Market share by Drug Type: The generic segment is estimated to dominate the market. It is projected to reach US$ 8,509.5 Mn by 2031.
- Market share by Region: North America is expected to dominate the market, contributing a revenue share of 37.2% by 2031.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- High recyclability, transparency, and chemical inertness, are expected to drive rising demand of glass’s goods in the coming years.
- The widespread use of generic injectable medications and increased demand from the pharmaceutical industry.
Get faster, higher-quality market research with a single platform for all your organization’s research needs.
Sign up for Data Feature now!