Most of the time spent working in an office is often spent seated in an office chair, putting additional strain on the spine’s supporting structures. The lack of upper back support when sitting on a non-ergonomic chair can cause musculoskeletal diseases, impacting your muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. It may harm your posture, strain your spine and backbone and result in back pain. Therefore, it’s crucial to have an ergonomic office chair that supports the lower back and encourages proper posture.
What is an Ergonomic Office Chair?
An ergonomic office chair has been created with the human body’s needs in mind, considering things like posture, comfort, support, and health. An ergonomic office chair contains several customizable features to enable each user to sit comfortably while working. It can be deemed ergonomic when a chair fully accommodates a worker’s size (body measurements), specific workstation, and the tasks required there. It is the best office chair for long hours of work.
With ergonomic chairs’ wide adjustability, users can create a more personalized fit than regular chairs. Numerous musculoskeletal disorders, such as neck, mid-back, and low back discomfort, can benefit from their assistance. Ergonomic chairs can significantly increase productivity and job satisfaction, although they often cost more than regular office chairs.
What does ergonomics mean?
The practice of designing or organizing workplaces, items, and systems to fit their users is known as ergonomics. It is the scientific study of people in the workplace to improve efficiency and productivity. It aims to enhance surroundings and workspaces to reduce the risk of harm or injury.
Features of an ergo chair:
- Optimal seat height
- Proper seat width and depth
- Various angles of tilt
- Backrest Lumbar support
- Adjustable backrest for reclining
- A swivel
- Adjustable armrests
- Headrest support
Benefits of an ergonomic chair:
- Posture Support: Ergonomic chairs have comprehensive adjustments, so they may be set up to match your height and job, ensuring that you always sit upright.
- Reduces Back Pain: The backrest of ergonomic chairs is intended to support your spine’s natural curvature, which helps you in your posture and reduces backache.
- Hip Pressure Relief: Your hips may experience unnecessary stress from a firm chair. The padding and depth of ergonomic chairs are sufficient to support the hips and lessen discomfort.
- Enhanced Blood Circulation: An ergonomic office chair gives you various seat adjustment angles, allowing proper blood circulation in the legs.
- Increase in Productivity: Comfortable office chairs make employees happy and healthy, and they are less likely to be distracted or experience aches and pains.
The global ergonomic office chair market is estimated to be US$ 14,993.7 Mn in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ 30,986.5 Mn by 2032 at a CAGR of 7.5%.
Key Market Insights of Ergonomic Office Chair:
- Market Share by Product Type: Adjustable chairs segment is estimated to dominate the market.
- Market Share by Application: Enterprise procurement segment is expected to account for significant growth in the global market, owing to the growing number of IT industries.
- Market Share by Region: The market in the Asia Pacific region is accounted for the highest revenue share. It is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. The Growing number of various industries and the rising number of employees in the region are key factors anticipated to fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific ergonomic office chair market.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Growing working population, rising employee health and wellness issues, rising obesity, and an increasing number of workplace injury complaints across the globe.
- Growing IT sector, government enterprises, and private enterprises resulting in rising demand for ergonomic office furniture.
- Increase in work from home settings and the requirement for comfortable office chairs.
Go beyond traditional market research. Get access to our platform and gain actionable insights into the market.
Sign up for Data Feature now!