Several things can cause your hair to lose its natural color. Internal factors, including poor diet, hormone fluctuations, or sleep deprivation, may be to blame. It’s difficult to watch your black hair turn grey. Even external factors like improper hair brushing or overuse of heat or styling products can cause it. Regular black hair care strengthens your locks and keeps them from fading from their natural color.
Black hair is weaker than other hair types due to its higher density of kinks and curls, which increases the likelihood of breakage. In contrast to silkier hair, black hair has more lipids or fats, but because they are less bound together, the hair prefers oils more. Additionally, it has a curlier texture than other hair types because of the larger, thicker follicle size and flattened elliptical cross-section.
Reason for Black Hair
Your hair’s color is determined by the natural pigment called melanin. Dark hair shades are produced by eumelanin. The amount of melanin each hair contains determines whether a person’s hair is dark or light. A hair strand will no longer contain as much melanin when there are fewer pigment cells in the hair follicle, and as it develops, it will take on a more translucent color, such as grey, silver, or white. There will be fewer pigment cells available to create melanin as people age. The hair will eventually seem entirely grey.
How to do black hair care?
- Washing your hair more frequently.
- Deep conditioning or oil treatment regularly to keep your hair moisturised.
- Avoid using a comb while your hair is wet.
- Avoid using shampoos that include parabens and sulfates.
- Taking nutritious food and supplements.
- Regular exercise and yoga to release stress.
- Get regular haircuts to avoid split ends.
- Increasing water intake.
The global black hair care market was valued at US$ 2,621.0 Mn in 2020 and is expected to reach US$ 3,962.9 Mn by 2030 at a CAGR of 4.2%.
Key Market Insights of Black Hair Care:
- Market Share by Product Type: The shampoo sub-segment in the global black haircare market accounted for a majority revenue share of 32.5% in 2020.
- Market Share by End-Use: The women sub-segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of over 4.7%.
- Market Share by Distribution Channel: The hypermarket/supermarket segment in the global black haircare market accounted for a majority revenue share of 45.9% in 2020.
- Market Share by Region: North American market is expected to dominate the global black haircare market, owing to the consistent growth in the African-American population.
Factors driving the growth of this market:
- Grоwіng dеmаnd fоr оrgаnіс/nаturаl рrоduсtѕ fоr реrѕоnаl grооmіng.
- Іnсrеаѕіng реnеtrаtіоn оf ѕmаrtрhоnе uѕеrѕ, е-соmmеrсе, thе рорulаrіtу оf luхurіоuѕ fаѕhіоn brаndѕ аnd ѕосіаl mеdіа wеbѕіtеѕ uѕеd fоr рrоduсt аdvеrtіѕеmеnt, аnd оnlіnе ѕhорріng.
- Rising number of Hair-Related problems like greying, dandruff, and hair loss.
Go beyond traditional market research. Get access to our platform and gain actionable insights into the market.
Sign up for Data Feature now!